Kokum butter is one solution, which alone can deal with all the skin ailments and even skin care needs for that matter. The butter is antibacterial in nature and a wonderful smooth balm.
Kokum Butter is rich in essential fatty acids, which aid in cell oxygenation and make nutrients more readily available for use by skin tissues. Kokum Butter also contains antioxidant vitamin E. Kokum Butter is a non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging) material that aids quick absorption and adds a premium texture to your cream emulsions.
Kokum Butter helps regenerate tired and worn skin cells and supports skin elasticity and general flexibility of the skin wall. It has been used traditionally in India to soften skin and restore elasticity and as a balm for dry, cracked, rough and calloused skin. It is also beneficial for the treatment of many different conditions, such as -
- Helps prevent dry skin and wrinkles
- Helps regenerate skin cells
With its relatively higher melt point, it melts slightly at skin temperatures making it ideal for lipsticks and balms; it‘s also a great addition to bar soaps and skin lotions and may be easily incorporated into Lotions, Creams, and Body Butters. It is also wonderful to use in the summer as a moisturizer before and after sun exposure to reduce possibility of the skin peeling or becoming dried out. Use as an addition to -
- Creams, lotions, balms
- Cosmetic foundations
Preparing the wonderful solution –
- 2 Tablespoons Kokum Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Beeswax (If you prefer a thinner product, add less beeswax)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Aloe Vera
- 1/8 teaspoon Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vitamin E
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Glass Canning Jar
- 2- 4 oz. Jars with Lids
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Put 2 Tablespoons beeswax into glass canning jar.
- Add almond oil and butter to beeswax.
- Lower the glass jar into the hot water to melt the mixture.Stir Vitamin E, coconut mil,k and aloe vera into the heated mixture.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- While liquified, pour into your empty 4 oz. jars.
- Let cool and cover with the lid.
Go through our reference links now –