Kokum butter is quite a nice solution. Initially it used to be an integral part of a number of skin care and cosmetic products (it still is), kokum butter is full of amazing properties that differentiate it from the rest of its counterparts.
Kokum Butter is widely used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. It is also known as “goa butter”. It is obtained from kokum seeds. Kokum butter, apart from being used as a cosmetic product, is also known for its use as edible oil. It is rich in Vitamin E which makes it apt for skin and hair care. The many general and medicinal uses of Kokum butter being -
- Kokum juice is highly refreshing and energizes instantly as it has cooling properties and shields the body against sunstroke and dehydration
- It is used as spice in various parts of India to enhance the flavor of several dishes
- It is used as a substitute for tamarind in various dishes
- Bottled or canned Kokum Syrup is also consumed
- Kokum is also used in chutneys and pickles
- Kokum Butter is very popular in the southern states
- The acid present in the fruit helps fight cholesterol and curbs production of excess fat which helps in weight loss
- Kokum fruit is also essential in treating piles, dysentery and infections
- It helps in providing relief from gastric problems
- It is a vital ingredient to fight against various cancer issues
- The juice of this medicinal fruit is used to treat insect bites and bee bites
- Kokum treats the cracks on the heels of the feet
- The anti inflammatory properties in this species of fruit, helps reduce the onset of heart diseases
- Kokum promotes cell regeneration and repair. It has anti- paralysis properties.
Kokum skins are usually available as dried fruit and infused in hot water. It can be kept in an airtight jar for about a year. Fresh Kokum should be stored in the refrigerator and used within a week. The fruit is sun dried after applying salt to it so that its shelf life increases.
Kokum are nutritious purple berries commonly grown in India. Used in coastal curries and refreshing drinks, kokum fruits provide an array of health and medicinal properties. Besides its many culinary uses, here are other benefits you can get from incorporating kokum fruits into your daily nutrition.
Go through our reference links now –